Diane Haddad gives you the inside scoop on Footnote's new interactive census collection, which will add 9.5 million documents to the website's collection. GeneTree product manager Dusty Rhoades and your host, Lisa Louise Cooke, discuss DNA facts and fiction, and Rhoades answers the most common questions about DNA services. We explore the Wisconsin Historical Society Library, and Rick Crume shares tips from his article "Clean Sweep."
Listen to this episode
Back to the episode list
In this episode:
- Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
- News from the Blogosphere: the first International Black Genealogy Summit
- Top Tips: DNA Fact or Science Fiction
- 101 Best Web Sites: GeneTree.com
- Library Spotlight: Wisconsin Historical Society Library
- Best of Family Tree Magazine: Clean Sweep
- Action Items
Lisa Louise Cooke
The Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad
Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad discusses Footnote’s new interactive census collection.
Read the Genealogy Insider Blog
Top Tips: DNA Fact or Science Fiction
Lisa discusses Lauren Gamber’s article "DNA Fact or Science Fiction" from the December 2009 issue of the magazine with Dusty Rhoades, Product Manager at Genetree.
101 Best Web Sites: GeneTree.com
Dusty Rhoades answers common questions about the DNA services provided by GeneTree.com
, named one of the 101 best websites for tracing your roots by Family Tree Magazine
Library Spotlight: Wisconsin Historical Society Library
In this episode we explore the Wisconsin Historical Society Library
with James Hansen, head genealogist.
Best of Family Tree Magazine: Clean Sweep
In today’s Best of Family Tree Magazine
segment, Rick Crume
shares tips from his article “Clean Sweep” from the February 2004 issue of Family Tree Magazine
Have fun climbing your family tree!
- Visit The Genealogy Insider Blog for all the latest genealogy news on a daily basis.
- Take a few minutes to explore the collection of the Wisconsin Historical Society Library keeping in mind that head Genealogist James Hansen told us they have wonderful genealogical resources, not just for Wisconsin but also for much of the US as well as some unique Canadian collections.
- Visit the GeneTree website or call 866-740-6362 to take advantage of the special promotion that Dusty mentioned. If you've already had your DNA tested with another lab, consider their DNA makeover service, which can translate the DNA results from another lab into your GeneTree account for you, as well as giving you a downloadable and printable PDF report that is targeted specifically to the DNA results you give them.
- Send us feedback by email
- Visit the Family Tree Magazine Forum
- Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes (a free download) and view the how-to videos on the Podcast Primer page.
Listen to Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems and Genealogy: Family History Made Easy podcasts in iTunes
and visit her website
for great research ideas, podcast episodes and videos.