In this month’s episode, learn all about Ancestry.com. You’ll hear about the site’s recent attack from hackers, about the retirement of popular Ancestry.com services like MyFamily and Mundia, and about the Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com book.
Listen to this episode
Back to the episode list
In this episode:
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad
Diane discusses the retirement of several ancestry.com
services and the website’s recent outages.
Top Tips & 101 Best Websites: Ancestry.com
Family Tree University: Become an Ancestry.com Power User
Online Editor Tyler Moss is back to give us some strategies for getting more out of Ancestry.com from the upcoming course, ‘Become an Ancestry.com Power User
In this course, you will learn:
• Essential and advanced search strategies for Ancestry.com
• In-depth information on available records, including images, transcriptions, databases, catalogs, and collections
• How to create Ancestry.com family trees, strategies for analyzing matches and making corrections, using trees of other members, and adding additional content
• How search records and family trees work in unison to make your Ancestry.com research more efficient and effective
• How to use Ancestry.com with family tree
Listen to Lisa Louise Cooke's Genealogy Gems and Genealogy: Family History Made Easy podcasts on iTunes and visit her website for great research ideas, podcast episodes and videos.