2008 Difference Maker Nominees
These people preserved records or eased access to them, helped others who otherwise wouldn't be able to learn about their family history, or raised the profile of genealogy research.
Congratulations to all those nominated as Difference Makers!
We began our Difference Maker series in 2008 to celebrate genealogy's unsung heroes—people who've preserved records or eased access to them, helped others who otherwise wouldn't be able to learn about their family history, or raised the profile of genealogy research. To vote on the Difference Maker of the year, click here
- Fred Armstrong, Charleston, WV
- Loretta Bailey, Germantown, Pa.
- Tom Barrett, Booneville, Ky.
- Renee Cummings, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
- Karen Curran, Clarkston, Wash.
- Judith Dearden, Kirkland, Wash.
- Suzanne Dodge, West Valley City, Utah
- Ann Faulkner, Clinton Township, Mich.
- Ron Filion, San Francisco
- William Fleming, Liverpool, NY
- Larry Flesher, Sullivan, Mo.
- Debra Fletcher, Marine City, Mich.
- Carol Garriques, Baltimore, Md.
- Tom Green, Pearland, Texas
- Larry Greene, Pembroke, Va.
- Julie Hammons, Cottonwood, Ariz.
- Sandra Hammons, Cottonwodd, Ariz.
- Norma Johnson, Lemont, Ill.
- Eileen Kaufenburg, Abbotsford, BC, Canada
- Earl Leaf, Wilmar, Minn.
- Paul Low, Riverdale, Md.
- Christine Maglio, Lynnwood, Ill.
- Mary Lee Davis Marchi, Gallipolis, Ohio
- John Martino, New York City
- Karen Mason, Iowa City, Iowa
- Jody McKim, Acworth, Ga.
- Shari Milks, Two Rivers, Wis.
- Stephen Morse, San Francisco
- Diana Muir, Atlanta
- Judy Rowe, Sand Lake, NY
- Alonzo Sherman, Oscoda, Mich.
- Kathy Smith, St. Louis
- Jack and Sylvia Sonneborn, York, Pa.
- Susan Steele, Massachusetts.
- L. Swenson, Cedar City, Utah
- Robert Tenuta, Tinley Park, Ill.
- Ellen Thompson, Cohutta, Ga.
- Darlene Weaver, Circleville, Ohio
Recent Blog Posts »
Recent Articles »
Free Genealogy Downloads
Genetic Genealogy Toolkit
In the Genetic Genealogy Toolkit, you’ll learn about the three major types of genetic genealogy tests—mitochondrial (mtDNA), Y-DNA and autosomal DNA (atDNA)—and what these tests can accomplish for your genealogy.
Only available in Feb., this collection has a retail value of $209.96, but is yours this month only for $69.99!
They're going fast - get yours today!