8 free and easy ways to share your genealogy discoveries with others.
Mom always said it’s better to give than to receive—and genealogical generosity can reward you with brick wall-breaking finds. Use our ideas for free and easy ways to share your family history wealth with others. To make your items easier to find in search engines, be sure to write a description with lots of relevant keywords such as surnames, dates, places and the word genealogy.
• Upload a photo collection to Flickr
. You can designate photos as public or visible only to those you invite, and share the via social networks.
• Post ancestor photos from your collection to your Facebook page
• Digitize old home movies and post them on YouTube. Set up a free YouTube channel with your Google account.
• Start a family history blog for free with Blogger.com. For help, watch the free How to Blog Your Family History video playlist at my Genealogy Gems YouTube channel
• Sign up for a free account at Pinterest
and pin digitized research materials to family history boards. The January/February 2013 Family Tree Magazine
has step-by-step instructions.
• Offer your digitized records to the USGenWeb site
for the relevant county.
• Post unidentified and orphaned photos to a site such as DeadFred.com
From the May/June 2013 Family Tree Magazine