The full text of this article is available to Plus members only.
For full access to all of our articles, please Join or Log In.
Not a Plus Member?
Requesting Records, Step By Step
How to Order Records Through a Family History Center.
Ordering records through a Family History Center can require several steps. For example, if you wished to find microfilmed deed records from 1820 to 1850 for your Green County, Ky., ancestors, here's what you would do:

1. Check the FHL catalog (online, on CD-ROM or at the FHC) to see what deed indexes exist for those years and that locality. (Do a place search, and then look under the topic Land and Property.) Several series of indexes may cover the same time period.

2. At the FHC, order the pertinent microfilm rolls of index volumes.

To continue reading this article
Share |
Did you enjoy this article?
Please share it!
Recent Blog Posts »
Recent Articles »

Free Genealogy Downloads

©  F+W All rights reserved.