June 2009 Podcast Show | Family Tree Magazine
June 2009 Podcast Show Notes
Listen to this episode
Back to episode list
In this episode:
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
The Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
Allison and Lisa talk about upcoming genealogy events where you can meet Family Tree Magazine staff, network with fellow researchers and take away great ideas for tracing your roots.
Look for us at the following conferences this summer:
Plus, we announce the winner of last month's contest, who will receive an online class from GenClass.
- Family History Expo—Loveland, Colo., June 12-13, 2009
- Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree—Burbank, Calif., June 26-28
- Family History Expo—Salt Lake City, Aug. 28-29, 2009
- Federation of Genealogical Societies 2009 Conference—Little Rock, Ark., Sept. 2-5, 2009
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad
Genealogy Insider and managing editor Diane Haddad gives the scoop on online options available to family historians for connecting with professional researchers.
Read "Where to Find a Genealogist for Hire"
Summer is reunion time, and Family Tree Magazine writer Sunny McClellan Morton has great ideas for gleaning genealogical information at your next get-together. She shares some tips from her article "Reunion Riches" in the July issue.
101 Best Web Sites
Lisa chats with Kathy Meade of Genline, a leading source of online Swedish records.
Best of Family Tree Magazine
Lisa interviews Sharon DeBartolo Carmack, author of “The Blazon Truth” about the myths and truths surrounding heraldry, from the May 2006 special issue Trace Your Family History.
Sharon is a certified genealogist and partner in the research firm of Warren, Carmack and Associates.
- Plan to attend an upcoming genealogy event to improve your research skills—whether it's an in-person conference or one of Family Tree Magazine's live online workshops.
Have fun climbing your family tree!
- Get out your July 2009 issue to read Sunny Morton’s article “Reunion Riches” and pick up great strategies for getting the most out of family reunions.
Recent Blog Posts »
Recent Articles »
Special Offers from
Family Tree Magazine
Sometimes no amount of regular research can reveal the ancestor answers you're looking for. In the Ultimate Genealogy Problem Solver Collection, we've brought together a series of sources for innovative strategies. Learn how to find your family through non-blood related relatives, neighbors and coworkers. Identify holes in your genealogy by setting up a research case file. Find out what to look for to distinguish your ancestor from peers with the same name, or study migration patterns to track the trail of your ancestors across state lines. If you seek genealogy solutions, this collection is for you.