I wanted to give you a little help with your holiday shopping list. These are my favorite things from Family Tree Shop, and they’d be great for genealogists, but not just for genealogists. Anyone with an appreciation for family history would enjoy these gifts.
See below the image for the numbered descriptions and links to learn more. PS: A lot of these are on sale for Cyber Week!
1. From the Family Kitchen by Gena Philibert Ortega is a pretty, hardbound book with food history, old recipe resources and pages to record family recipes. It would be nice for the family chef, for Grandma or a new daughter-in-law, perhaps with a few recipes already written inside.
2. The Children’s Preservation Kit has the archival storage materials a new parent needs to preserve baby’s coming-home outfit, a baptismal gown, favorite toys and more.
3. A parent, grandparent or other photographer who likes capturing faces will appreciate the photography tips in Expressions: Taking Extraordinary Photos for Your Scrapbooking and Memory Art.
4. For the Civil War buff, Life in Civil War America has interesting and surprising details about what it was like for our ancestors who lived during the Civil War.
5. Our Historical Map Sampler genealogy desktop calendar is a nice stocking-stuffer for genealogy and geography enthusiasts.
6. Not sure what to give? A Cup of Comfort for Christmas has heartwarming stories that celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.
7. The Flip-Pal Mobile Scanner is on the wish lists of many family historians who want to digitally preserve old family photos discovered on research trips and visits to relatives’ homes.
8. Got a writer on your list? My Life and Times by Sunny Jane Morton, a book in a three-ring binder, is full of prompts, exercises and fill-in pages to help memoirists write their own life story.
9. You can get the Watercolor Design Family Tree as an 11×14-inch paper chart or as a type-in PDF file (includes three sizes) that you can download, fill in with family names, save, print and frame. Print copies as keepsakes for all your relatives.
10. If you’re been wanting to give compiled genealogy information to your Mom or Dad, you could give the Family Tree Memory Keeper, filled out. It’s a workbook for keeping genealogy information, family stories and records, old recipes, important dates and more (so you might want one for yourself).
11. If your family is proud of its Irish roots, 101 Things You Didn’t Know About Irish History: The People, Places, Culture and Traditions of the Emerald Isle will make your relatives even prouder.
12. The Floral Design Family Tree is similar to the Watercolor Design, available as an 11×14-inch paper chart or as a type-in PDF file (three sizes included), just with a different look. I have this framed in my daughter’s room.