10 Years Ago I …
1. Became assistant editor of Decorative Artists Workbook magazine.
2. Took a week-long painting workshop in Florida so Id know what I was talking about.
3. Would answer the magazines e-mail using an AOL account on a shared computer.
4. Moved into my first apartment that was all mine.
5. Knew the names of only two of my great-grandparents.
Five Things on Today’s To-Do List
1. Finish up our E-mail Update newsletter.
2. Edit an article about library online catalogs.
3. Be interviewed for the DearMyrtle podcast.
4. Prepare for my first-ever genealogy lock-in tomorrow night.
5. Get together with a friend to plan another friends baby shower.
Five snacks I enjoy (just five?)
1. Nature Valley granola bars
2. Snyders of Hanover Honey Mustard and Onion Pretzel Pieces
3. Trader Joes Jo-Jo cookies
4. Chocolate-covered pretzels
5. Fig Newtons
Five Places Ive Lived
1. Beaverton, Ore.
2. St. Louis
That’s all there is, guys, and I might be here awhile.
Five Jobs Ive Had
1. Ice cream scooper
2. Cashier/hostess at a Big Boy
3. Department store gift-wrapper
4. University law library information desk staff
5. Newspaper stringer
(Dont worry, Im qualified to work for Family Tree Magazinethe odd jobs are just more interesting to mention.)
Five Blogs I Tag
1. Maureen A. Taylor at our Photo Detective Blog
2. Bruce Buzbee at the RootsMagic Blog
3. The editors of our sister publication Memory Makers magazine at their blog.
4. Lisa Louise Cooke at Genealogy Gems
5. Schelly Talalay Dardashti at Tracing the Tribe