Here’s our Photo Detective Maureen A. Taylor’s new book about researching your family photos (and those mystery photos that might or might not be your family):
… and you could win a copy by entering your name in our Family Photo Detective giveaway.
What’s inside Family Photo Detective? You’ll learn how to:
- Determine whether you have a daguerreotypes, ambrotypes, tintypes, cabinet card or other type of image
- Use clothing, accessories and hairstyles to help date the image
- Research photographer imprints
- Compare facial features in multiple photos to help identify individuals
- Interview family members for information
- Use photo props and background to add context
The Family Photo Detective giveaway ends Feb. 28 at 11:59 p.m. ET. And if you refer a friend who enters (by sending the link in your entry confirmation), you’ll get two extra chances to win. Good luck!