Today, Nov. 29, is Cyber Monday, a day known for the last several years as a great time to shop online. You can get deals on genealogy stuff, too. A few we found:
- Today at our own Family Tree Shop, offer code SFT133 gets you 20 percent off your Family Tree Shop order (some exclusions apply, including VIP membership, subscriptions, and products that ship directly from our retail partners). You also can choose a FREE digital download with your purchase. Choose from:
1. Beginner’s Guide to Genealogy download
2. Discover Your Roots download
3. 101 Brick Wall Busters: Solutions to Overcome Your Genealogical Challenges download
- Subscription records site Footnote is offering 50 percent off an annual all-access membership today only, for a total of $39.95. Click here to get started.
- Family Roots Publishing is discounting all products by 15 percent on Cyber Monday. See details on the Genealogy Blog.
- Genetic testing service 23andMe is offering a $99 DNA test sale (normally $499) that ends today. Details at 23andMe.com.
- Through tomorrow, Nov. 30, the Utah Genealogical Association (UGA) is giving a free UGA membership to registrants for the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (taking place Jan. 10-14). Learn more on Renee’s Genealogy Blog.
- On Cyber Monday, you’ll receive 15 percent off Elyse Doerflinger’s e-books Conquering The Paper Monster Once and For All and A Mini-Guide to Being a Part-Time Genealogist. Details at Elyse’s Genealogy Blog.
- Genealogist Michael John Neill is offering a 20 percent discount on the Casefile Clues weekly how-to newsletter today only. Details at the Casefile Clues blog.
- You’ll find discounts on several items at JMK Genealogy Gifts Store. See details and coupon codes here.
- A late addition to our list: Now through the end of the year, you can book a virtual presentation by Thomas MacEntee of High-Definition Genealogy for your genealogical event at 33 percent off normal rates. Details at the High-Definition Genealogy blog.