You have no items in your shopping cart.
- FamilySearch.org has added more than 9.5 million indexed records and images to its free record search. They come from Argentina, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Italy, the United States and the BillionGraves website (which has tombstone photos and transcriptions mainly from the United States, with some contributions from around the world). You can see the list of updated databases and click through to search or browse them here.
- The Federation of Genealogical Societies is running a three-part webinar series on genealogy society membership and communication. The webinars are presented by our friend George G. Morgan (author of Family Tree Magazines Document Detective column) and include:
- The Shape of the 21st Century Genealogical Society (Oct. 22)
- Harness the Power of Email in Your Society (Nov. 4)
- How to Develop and Implement Affordable Membership Benefits (Nov. 18).
- In honor of Family History month, genealogy chart-printing company Ancestry Graphics & Printing has released a video reading of the poem “Dear Ancestor” by Walter Butler Palmer (click here to watch). You also can download a printable version of the poem on the Ancestry Printing website.
- Genealogist Madonna Davis has launched a Kickstarter fundraising campaign called Kicking up the Past, for a television documentary based on submitted family histories. Find out more about Kicking up the Past, watch a trailer and donate to this project on KickingupthePast.com. The site also has a bit more about the Kickstarter crowd-funding process.