On July 19, 2018, Livning DNA announced that they will be partnering with Leading British and Irish family history website, Findmypast. The goal of teaming up is to provide a new DNA experience that is designed to help customers explore their British and Irish roots. Together, they plan to combine cutting-edge science with traditional genealogy research methods, allowing families to discover more about their past and present.
Living DNA’s test
Living DNA‘s test results provide a unique breakdown of ethnic identities associated with 21 regions across Britain and Ireland by analyzing unique combinations of linked DNA. If you have British or Irish ancestry, it’s the only test that shows where within Britain and Ireland your ancestry comes from.
Findmypast has over 9 billion historical records from around the world. This includes more than 1,000 exclusive collections on findmypast.com that you will not find online anywhere else, such as:
- British newspaper archives from England, Wales and Scotland
- Parish records, including 40 million baptisms, marriages and burials from across England and Wales dating back to 1538
- Passenger lists of ships leaving the UK 1890-1960 to the U.S., Canada and Australia
- British Army Records 1760-1915
- Rapidly growing collection of local English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish records dating back to 1700, including school admissions, workhouse registers and apprenticeships records.
- Irish court records
The goal of the partnership
By combining Living DNA’s technology and expertise with Findmypast’s vast collection of historical records and newspaper articles, family historian’s will be able to make new discoveries about their British & Irish genetic history.
“Our partnership with Findmypast continues Living DNA’s mission to make DNA testing simple. We are passionate at not only providing cutting edge ways of looking at your DNA but to do so with strict privacy measures by never selling your data. This partnership allows the most precise DNA test on the market to work together with Findmypast’s family history records in a way not done before” says Living DNA Co-Founder, David Nicholson.
Living DNA testing kits are now available to purchase and co-branded kits will be launched when the new integrated Findmypast and Living DNA service is introduced later in the year.
If you’d love to use Findmypast like a pro, check out our Mastering Findmypast Video Download today!
You’ll enjoy this video if:
- You’re looking for records of your Irish, English, Scottish and Welsh ancestors
- You want to learn more about what records Findmypast offers in the United States and worldwide
- You want to explore newspaper records as far back as 1710