Family Tree Magazine’s Photo Detective Maureen A. Taylor has partnered with MyHeritage on its Treasure Family Photos website.
The site emphasizes the importance of preserving and sharing photos, echoing the redesigned FamilySearch.org’s focus on family photos.
From the MyHeritage Treasure Family Photos home page, you can:
- Search a database of photos attached to MyHeritage.com members’ family trees (you need a MyHeritage.com data subscription or credits to see full details from the tree)
- Watch a video with tips from Maureen
- Start an online family tree to help you organize your photos
- Upload photos to MyHeritage.com
- Find links to websites with photo craft projects you can do with your kids (one of these is our Family Tree Kids photo magnet project)
- Get tips for preserving and scanning your photos (MyHeritage also has partnered with batch scanning service ScanCafe, which is offering 25 percent off to MyHeritage visitors)
You can see case studies of old photos Maureen has researched for Family Tree Magazine readers on our Photo Detective Blog.
And there’s even more advice for identifying, dating and preserving old photos in her book Family Photo Detective: Learn How to Find Genealogy Clues in Old Photos and Solve Family Photo Mysteries.