Family network site MyHeritage now has a free mobile app for iPhone, iPad and Android that you can use to access your MyHeritage family tree on the go.
The app attractively displays up to seven generations with photos, and shows individual profiles. It takes advantage of the devices’ touchscreen capabilities with panning and “pinch zooming.” It also syncs all data, including photos, to your family site on MyHeritage.
The app’s communication and photo features make it handy to have at family gatherings:
- It highlights upcoming birthdays and anniversaries in your tree.
- You can call or email relatives in one tap.
- When you take a photo with the device, the app uses face recognition to automatically identify family members taken in the photo.
- You also can share the photo with them in one easy tap.
- It even includes the fun celebrity look-alike feature that got MyHeritage noticed way back when.