Start memorizing these excuses now! You’ll need them to roll right off your tongue next week when you’re forgetting about dinner, ignoring the house and putting off work in order to search the 1940 census:
- “I’m just trying to deal with some schedule problems. Sorry it’s taking so long.”
- Can it wait? Im busy doing taxes.
- I was on the internet ordering you presents just for being so good. Now go do your homework before I change my mind.
- ___ , hold my calls. Im going to be tied up with the Washington account all day.
- “I was just pulling together those nameser, I mean numbersyou requested.” (Important: Have a spreadsheet open you can click to if your boss pops up over your shoulder.)
- Cant make it to choir practice/book club/happy hour on MondayIve got a nasty case of enumeritis.
- I cant talk right now. I’m spending time with relatives.
- Tonights not good. I have a date with Steve Morse.
Want to speed up your census search? Get tips and watch our free video on finding family in the 1940 census at FamilyTreeMagazine.com.
Check out our upcoming Family Tree University course Finding Ancestors in the US Census: Online and Offline Strategies. This genealogy course is just $39.99 for the April 30 session onlya $60 savings off the regular price!