If you have dead ancestors, you should learn about probate records, it’s been said. Probate files can be rich sources of genealogical information, and even poor folks might’ve left them.
So I hear, anyway. I haven’t actually used probate records. Like many genealogists, I’m not quite sure how to approach them. And I need to get my act together fast, because I’m headed to the Cuyahoga County Probate Court this month.
Marian will show you:
- What probate records are
- How to find probate records
- Different types of probate records
- What you’ll find in a typical probate record
- How to make it easier to access probate records
- Why probate records are critical to your genealogical success
Here’s the basic info on the Using Probate Records webinar:
- Date: Thursday, April 5, 2012
- Starting time: 8 p.m. Eastern (7 Central/ 6 Mountain/ 5 Pacific)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Price: $49.99 ($39.99 special if you register before April 2)
As usual, registered attendees will be able to download the presentation and slides to view again whenever they want. Click here to register for the Using Probate Records webinar in Family Tree Shop.