Got Southern ancestors? Military records website Fold3 has announced that to commemorate Confederate History Month, it’s offering free access to all of its Confederate records for the entire month of April.
Those free records include:
- Confederate soldier service records
- Southern Claims Commission records: claims filed by Southern citizens for property seized by Union troops
- Confederate Amnesty Papers: Confederates’ applications for pardon to President Andrew Johnson
- Confederate Citizens File: claims filed with the Confederate government by Southern citizens
- Union Citizens File: Union Army records of provost court papers, orders, passes, paroles, claims for compensation, etc.
- Civil War subversion investigations
- Confederate Casualty Reports
- Confederate Navy Subject File: papers including paymasters’ vouchers relating to ships, personnel and more
You’ll need to register for a free Fold3 account in order to view the records. Start searching Fold3’s Confederate records collection here.