December 2008 Podcast Show Notes
Genealogy gifts, top tips for making the most of Google, hints for interviewing relatives over the holidays, genetic genealogy and family networking on GeneTree, plus our contest to win a GeneTree DNA test.
In this episode:
- Editor’s Desk
- News from the Blogosphere
- Top Tips: Your Guide to Google
- 101 Best Websites: GeneTree
- Best of Family Tree Magazine: Oral History Interviews
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
The year in review at Family Tree Magazine.
- Family Tree Kids!
- Family Tree Magazine Videos
- Subscribe for free to the Family Tree Magazine Podcast in iTunes
Lisa and Diane chat about her recent blog articles on:
- Footnote Releases Web’s Biggest WWII Collection
- What Your Favorite Genealogist Really Wants From Santa
- GeneTree DNA test Giveaway Drawing
Send an e-mail stating your favorite segment of the Family Tree Magazine Podcast for a chance to win a DNA test from GeneTree.
Deadline: Dec. 22, 2008
- Google cheat sheet
- Six tips from the new book Google Your Family Tree by Daniel M. Lynch (FamilyLink)
101 Best Web Sites
Lisa chats with Matt Cupal, president and chief operating officer of GeneTree, where you can discover your family through DNA, and connect with others to share and preserve family history.
Best of Family Tree Magazine
Sunny McClellan Morton talks with Lisa about her article “Get ‘Em Talking” from the March 2008 issue of Family Tree Magazine. Sunny discusses five great techniques for getting reluctant relatives to open up.
- Enter for a chance to win a DNA test from GeneTree. Send an e-mail stating your favorite segment of the podcast to [email protected] by Dec. 22, 2008
- Send us feedback by e-mail
- Visit the Family Tree Magazine Forum
Have fun climbing your family tree!