In this episode:
- Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
- News from the Blogosphere: the first International Black Genealogy Summit
- Top Tips: DNA Fact or Science Fiction
- 101 Best Web Sites: GeneTree.com
- Library Spotlight: Wisconsin Historical Society Library
- Best of Family Tree Magazine: Clean Sweep
- Action Items
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
The Editor’s Desk with Allison Stacy
News from the Blogosphere with Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad
Genealogy Insider Diane Haddad discusses Footnote’s new interactive census collection.
Read the Genealogy Insider Blog
Top Tips: DNA Fact or Science Fiction
101 Best Web Sites: GeneTree.com
In this episode we explore the Wisconsin Historical Society Library with James Hansen, head genealogist.
In today’s Best of Family Tree Magazine segment, Rick Crume shares tips from his article “Clean Sweep” from the February 2004 issue of Family Tree Magazine.
- Visit The Genealogy Insider Blog for all the latest genealogy news on a daily basis.
- Take a few minutes to explore the collection of the Wisconsin Historical Society Library keeping in mind that head Genealogist James Hansen told us they have wonderful genealogical resources, not just for Wisconsin but also for much of the US as well as some unique Canadian collections.
- Visit the GeneTree website or call 866-740-6362 to take advantage of the special promotion that Dusty mentioned. If you’ve already had your DNA tested with another lab, consider their DNA makeover service, which can translate the DNA results from another lab into your GeneTree account for you, as well as giving you a downloadable and printable PDF report that is targeted specifically to the DNA results you give them.
- Send us feedback by email
- Visit the Family Tree Magazine Forum
- Subscribe to the Podcast in iTunes (a free download) and view the how-to videos on the Podcast Primer page.
Have fun climbing your family tree!
Listen to Lisa Louise Cooke’s Genealogy Gems and Genealogy: Family History Made Easy podcasts in iTunes and visit her website for great research ideas, podcast episodes and videos.