In this episode:
- News from the Blogosphere
- Top Tips: Cemetery Research Dos and Don’ts
- 101 Best Websites: Billiongraves
- Family Tree University: Analyzing Ancestral Tombstones
- Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
Lisa chats with Allison cemetery research dos and don’ts.
• Go online to see what’s already available and then plan your visit
• Pack for your outdoor activity! Camera, Sunscreen, Umbrella, Layered clothes, Map of the Cemetery, note taking tools, mirror, water, bug spray
• Ask in the Cemetery office for a map
• Be respectful and observe cemetery rules
Download the Cemetery Transcription Form.
• Go alone. Bring a helper with you.
• Be careless around unstable and fragile stones
• Put shaving cream on a tombstone. Water is OK.
Materials You’ll Need: Butcher paper or interfacing fabric, wax
- Be sure to ask permission first!
- Don’t do a tombstone rubbing on an unstable stone.
- Use your common sense.