Listen to this Family Tree Magazine Podcast episode here:
In this episode:
- News from the Blogosphere
- Top Tips: Finding Your Roots
- 101 Best Websites: Family Tree DNA
- Family Tree University: Genetic Genealogy 101
- Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
Your Host: Lisa Louise Cooke
Lisa’s newest book is available at Family Tree Shop: Turn Your iPad into a Genealogy Powerhouse.
Read Diane’s blog posts on the Genealogy Insider blog:
Special guest CeCe Moore discusses what it’s like to research for the PBS show “Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates Jr.”
CeCe is the co-founder of the Institute for Genetic Genealogy, an instructor for a number of courses and conferences around the U.S. and the author of the blog Your Genetic Genealogist and Adoption and DNA
We will take a closer look at one of the leading DNA websites, Family Tree DNA, with its founder, Bennett Greenspan. Bennett is the president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and also the managing partner of Family Tree DNA’s parent company, Gene by Gene. He’s also the project administrator of several surname DNA projects, and a genetic genealogy lecturer.
Blaine Bettinger, author of The Genetic Genealogist blog and instructor of the Family Tree University course Genetic Genealogy 101, discusses common misconceptions about using DNA for genealogy and how DNA can help you bust through your brick walls.
Allison discusses the evolution of DNA testing for genealogists, including the following resources:
- Getting Started: Genetics for Genealogists quick reference guide
- Y Chromosome DNA quick reference guide
- Autosomal DNA quick reference guide
- Mitochondrial DNA quick reference guide – coming soon to Family Tree Shop
Listen to Lisa Louise Cooke’s Genealogy Gems and Genealogy: Family History Made Easy podcasts on iTunes and visit her website for great research ideas, podcast episodes and videos.
Learn more: http://lisalouisecooke.com/.