In this episode:
- News from the Blogosphere
- Top Tips: Genealogy Websites Guide
- 101 Best Websites: Crowdsourcing on Facebook
- Family Tree University: Become a FamilySearch.org Power User
- Publisher’s Desk with Allison Dolan
Diana Haddad who will share how a quick Google search can boost your family history.
- What Can a Quick Google Search Find for Your Genealogy?
Read all of Diane’s blog posts on the Genealogy Insider blog.
We dig into Facebook strategies for genealogy with Shannon Combs-Bennett, presenter of Jumpstart Your Genealogy with Social Media. She talks about the benefits of genealogical crowdsourcing on Facebook.
Search box at the top of the page. Search for groups organized by genealogical topic (location, surname, ethnicity) Groups can be closed (click to join) or public (get started right away).
- Don’t share about living people.
- What you share on Facebook can assist Facebook in suggesting friends and relatives to you.
YOU decide what you make public and private through the settings feature.
Check out Shannon’s blog: Trials and Tribulations of a Self-Taught Family Historian.
Online Editor Tyler Moss is here to share tips from Family Tree University’s upcoming course, Become a FamilySearch.org Power User.