You have no items in your shopping cart.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! A few numbers to help you appreciate the occasion:
- 30.5 million US residents who claim Irish ancestry
- 4 million population of The Republic of Ireland
- 22.5 percent Massachusetts residents with Irish ancestry
- 4.8 million immigrants from Ireland admitted for US residence since 1820
- 100 pounds of green dye added to the Chicago River St. Patricks Day, 1962 (the year that verdant tradition began)
- 3 million spectators at New York Citys annual St. Patricks Day parade
- 52,000 number of Irish immigrants who arrived in New York City in 1847
- 372,000 total population of New York City in 1847
- 107 years Boston has held an annual St. Patricks Day parade (Beantown witnessed the countrys first recorded St. Paddys Day celebration in 1737)
- 9 places in the United States named Dublin
Were all Irish on St. Patricks Day, but if youre Irish every other day of the year, too, the March 2008 Family Tree Magazine Irish research guideand our online Irish Toolkitwill help you trace those roots back to the Emerald Isle.