You have no items in your shopping cart.
Here are news bits and pieces we turned up this week:
- British subscription site FamilyRelatives.com has added the Civil War Roll of Honor listings of more than 276,000 Union soldiers buried in national cemeteries, soldiers’ lots and garrison cemeteries.
- The East Central Georgia Regional Library’s African-American Funeral Program Collection is online (and free) in the Digital Library of Georgia. The 1,000 funeral programs date from 1933 to 2008, with most dating since the 1960s and coming from churches around Augusta, Ga.
- The College of Charleston in South Carolina has launched the Lowcountry Digital Library with about 7,500 images (so far) of historical letters, scrapbooks, photos and more.
- New social networking site GenealogyWise caught some flak when it announced a contest many members thought encouraged non-genealogical, superficial contributions, then changed the contest but deleted at least one members criticisms. See some of the uproar on Twitter here and here. Webmasters are now gathering feedback on a censorship policy. (Update: Here’s an apology to the censored member from FamilyLink CEO Paul Allen.)
- Online genealogy company (and GenealogyWise owner) FamilyLink has another site coming next week, as hinted on Twitter by CEO Paul Allen: 41% have pictures of ancestors on the walls of their home … We are launching a new site soon for the other 59%
Could it be related to this digitization service, announced in 2007 but no longer offered?