I sat down with Sunny Jane Morton, who is delivering the keynote address for the 2019 Spring Virtual Conference in March, and asked her to give us a preview of some of the things she’ll be talking about in her live presentation. In Revealing Hidden Depths in Our Ancestors, Sunny will talking about how the events our ancestors experienced can have lasting effects.
Her Ancestors’ Hidden Depths Revealed
Watch this video presentation for a gripping story about what a simple city directory revealed of her ancestors’ involvement in the Great Johnstown Flood.
Sunny will be revealing more about the hidden depths she’s discovered from researching her ancestors. Do you have similar stories about how your ancestors’ actions and experiences have shaped your own?
Register for the 2019 Spring Virtual Genealogy Conference to enjoy the full presentation. Plus, you’ll get full access to all of the other discussions, live Q&As, tips, tricks and strategies that will help you reveal the hidden depths in your ancestors.
The 2019 Spring Virtual Genealogy Conference combines all the best parts of an in-person conference with the convenience of your own home. In this conference, you’ll get:
- Full access to all of the research tracks, including Tips and Tricks, DNA, Websites and Tech, People and Places, and more
- 15 brand-new 30-minute presentations that you can download and watch on your own schedule
- A live keynote and several Q&As to help you break through your research obstacles
- Expert advice from genealogy pros throughout the weekend
- A chance to network and mingle with other researchers like yourself on the discussion boards
- Plenty of additional resources and goodies to supplement your research
- Tons of Value — Over $700 worth of instruction for less than a third of the price!
We’re planning a smashing new conference lineup that we know you’ll love, starting with these fresh recorded video presentations:
- How to Use DNA Painter – Shannon Combs-Bennett
- 3 Steps to Find Missing Parents with DNA – Kerry Scott
- The DNA You Didn’t Inherit – Roberta Estes of DNAExplained
- Mythbusting: DNA Fact or Fiction – Roberta Estes
Websites and Tech Track
- Problem-Solving with RootsMagic – Diana Crisman-Smith
- Searching FamilySearch Genealogies – Sunny Morton
- Using Google Drive to Organize Your Research – Gena Philibert-Ortega
- 5 Tricks to Start Your Family History Blog – Nancy Hendrickson
People and Places
- French Genealogy – David Fryxell
- ScotlandsPeople – Amanda Epperson, PhD
Tips and Tricks
- Finding Reliable Sources – Paula Stuart-Warren
- 25 Online Searching Dos and Don’ts – Nancy Hendrickson
- 5 Essential Elements of a Source Citation – Shannon Combs-Bennett
- 5 Best Timeline Tricks for Family History – Gena Philibert-Ortega
We’ll have more presentations, live Q&As and more to reveal soon, so check back often!