You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Early-bird registration ends July 1 for the Federation of Genealogical Societies conference, Aug. 21-24 in Fort Wayne, Ind. (which is the home of the renowned Allen County Public Library Genealogy Center). Registering as an early bird will save you $50 for the whole conference or $20 for a single day. Register for the FGS conference here.
- An update to RootsMagic 6 genealogy software makes it the only program that’s Share+ Certified by FamilySearch to work with its updated Family Tree system. RootsMagic’s new collaborative features for FamilySearch include enhanced discussions, viewing and copying sources between RootsMagic and Family Tree, viewing a change history for a person and reversing incorrect changes. Read more about the RootsMagic 6 update and find out how to get it on the RootsMagic Blog.
- In related news, on Sunday, June 30, FamilySearch will shut off the ability for vendors (such as software companies) to “write” to trees on new.familysearch.org, which is actually the old version of FamilySearch Family Trees. That means that if you’re using a third-party product that works with the new.familysearch.org system, you won’t be able to use it to update your new.familysearch.org tree. Read more about this on Renee Zamora’s blog.
- FamilySearch also has announced that Personal Ancestral File will no longer be available for download beginning July 15. FamilySearch stopped updating the free program a few years ago
- Take note of the free Irish vital records access on findmtpast.ie June 27-30. We blogged about it here.