You have no items in your shopping cart.
Here are some of the news items we rounded up this week:
- To keep tabs on this weekends Southern California Genealogical Society Jamboree in Burbank, visit the Genealogy Gems blog, Eastmans Online Genealogy Newsletter and Genea-Musings. Twitter users can search for #scgs09.
- The Federation of Genealogical Societies 2009 conference early bird registration deadline is next Wednesday, July 1. Make the deadline and youll pay $175, a savings of $50. Register online or by mail (must be postmarked no later than July 1).
The conference is Sept. 2-5 in Little Rock, Ark.
- The New England Historic and Genealogical Society is organizing a few genealogy research trips, led by expert genealogists. Groups are headed to St. Johns, Newfoundland, July 12-19; the NEHGS Library in Boston Aug. 10-15; Edinburgh, Scotland, Sept. 20-27; and Salt Lake City Oct. 25-Nov. 1.
- Keep an eye on Miriam Midkiff’s city directories portal Online City, County and Rural Directories. This week, she’s added links to directories from more than a dozen US states and several Canadian provinces.
- In response to a survey, FamilyLink updated its Were Related Facebook application to let users put pets at the bottoms of their pedigree charts. (I’m not sure what the chart-with-pet looks like, so if you’ve done this, send me a picture.) It sounds funlets just hope no one gets Bruno and Great-grandpa Charlie mixed up.