You have no items in your shopping cart.
- Looks like I’ll be parked in front of the TV for a fair portion of the weekend. Tonight on “Who Do You Think You Are?” watch actress Helen Hunt explore her roots. Here’s a video preview:
- And Sunday, March 25 at 8 p.m. ET, “Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates Jr.” premieres. Watch a video preview here.
- The International Society of Family History Writers and Editors Excellence in Writing competition is accepting entries now through June 3, with a discount on the entry fee if you submit before April 15. You can enter published or unpublished genealogical works in one of five categories. Winners receive a cash prize and a certificate. The awards presentation will take place during the Federation of Genealogical Societies Conference in Birmingham, Ala., Aug. 29-Sept. 1. Get more information on the ISFHWE website.
- Archives.com has hired genealogist Megan Smolenyak as its Family History Advisor. She’ll start immediately, talking about the 1940 census. Smolenyak was formerly chief genealogist at Archives.com competitor Ancestry.com.
- FamilySearch added more than 6.3 million new, free records online this week for Australia, Brazil, Canada, Caribbean, Czech Republic, England, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, and the United States. See the list of updated collections and link to each one here.