So pretty soon, your friends who’ve seen “Who Do You Think You Are?” and know you’re into genealogy might start asking you how they can start digging into their family history.
Here are some beginner friendly resources:
- A downloadable, one-page PDF Get Started cheat sheet with 10 tips to start tracing your family tree, plus beginner-friendly websites and books. Great for printing and giving out at your “Who Do You Think You Are?” viewing party.
- A nice, concise online article with 10 steps to start your research
- A downloadable five-generation ancestor chart, adoptive family tree chart and family group sheet, as well as other basic forms
- Our genealogy glossary
- Our Genealogy Insider’s Guide to Acronyms
Also don’t miss our “Who Do You Think You Are?” landing page, where beginning and experienced genealogists can learn more about the show, see the latest Tweets about it, discuss episodes on our Forum and get the lowdown on even more celebrities’ family trees.
Related resources from Family Tree Shop:
- The Beginner Genealogist’s Bundle, including several how-to products to help people start their family trees
- Census Secrets CD with in-depth information on one of the most-used genealogical records
- State Research Guides CD, with information on finding ancestors in every state