Cable television network TLC has announced the premiere date and the stars of the 2014 season of “Who Do You Think You Are?” (US version).
The new season will start Wednesday, July 23, at 9/8 central on TLC. (If you don’t have cable or can’t watch that evening, the episodes usually become available on the show’s website after they air.)
Six new episodes will air, featuring the family histories of:
- Valerie Bertinelli, an actor whose work includes the 70s/80s series “One Day at a Time” and the current “Hot in Cleveland”
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson, an actor on “Modern Family”
- Lauren Graham, actor on “Gilmore Girls” (one of my most-favorite-ever TV shows)
- Kelsey Grammer, actor on “Cheers” and “Frasier”
- Cynthia Nixon, actor on the “Sex and the City” TV series and movies
- Rachel McAdams, Canadian actor in movies such as “The Notebook” and “About Time,” and her sister, celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams
In addition, TLC has acquired 10 of the episodes that aired on NBC during previous seasons. Those feature Matthew Broderick, Lisa Kudrow, Rob Lowe, Reba McEntire, Tim McGraw, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sarah Jessica Parker, Brooke Shields, Vanessa Williams and Rita Wilson.
In other genealogy television news:
- “Finding Your Roots With Henry Louis Gates Jr.,” will premiere on PBS Sept. 23. Guests will include actor Sally Field, Food Network chef Aar Sánchez, actor Ben Affleck, singer Carole King,actor and comedian Tina Fey, political commentator Alan Dershowitz, White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett and others.
- I haven’t heard an official announcement that “Genealogy Road Show” is coming back, but the show did yesterday post to Facebook and Twitter that it’s seeking stories to show in upcoming episodes. If you’ve been trying to find the truth behind a family legend, the link to apply to appear on “Genealogy Roadshow” is here.