- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Family History Centers will offer free access to Kindred Konnections, a pedigree site with more than 230 million names plus databases of vital and census information.
For home users, Kindred Konnections subscription packages range from $7 for 10 days to $100 for a year. You can get free access for submitting your own family files to the site; the amount of free access depends on the size of your file.
- Connecticuts Godfrey Memorial Library is giving its members the option to add a World Vital Records (WVR) subscription for $45 on top of the Godfrey annual membership fee. In return, WVR will digitize and index books, articles and church records from the Godfrey library. Both sites will have the indexes.
A WVR subscription normally runs $49.95 and includes the Everton library, SmallTownPapers, a variety of vital records and books from Quintin Publications. As is customary for new databases, WVR is making its most recent Quintin addition, Ermatingers York Factory Express Journal (journeys between Fort Vancouver and Hudson Bay in 1827 and 1828), free through June 14.
1. red portal: $35 for 19th century US newspapers, American National Biography Online, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography Online, the London Times archive and more
2. blue portal: $65 for the “red” subscription, plus NewspaperArchive.com
3. green portal: $80 for the red subscription, plus WVR
4. gold portal: $110 for the blue subscription, plus WVR
- WVR and Accessible Archives: Accessible Archives, whose mid-Atlantic-focused databases (including the Pennsylvania Gazette 1728-1800, American County Histories to 1900, African-American newspaper the Liberator and more) have been available only in libraries, will now be … well, accessible to home users through a WVR subscription.