Got your eye on a few how-to genealogy books, CDs, digital downloads or other helps in Family Tree Shop?
Now you can keep track of those wanted items—and, if you choose, communicate your hankering to those whose gift lists you’re on—by creating a wish list.
1. Go to Family Tree Shop. Click My Wish List in the top right corner of any page.
2. If you’ve ordered something before, you might already have an account, and you can log in here. If you don’t have an account, click the “Not Registered? Click Here” link to create a user name and password (you don’t have to buy anything to register).
3. Once you’re logged in, click the Wish List link to go right to your list.
4. Set up a list by entering a description (such as “Diane’s Christmas list”), an expiration date, and deciding whether to keep it hidden. If you check the “private” box, you won’t be able to e-mail the list to others, but you can view and make purchases from it. Click submit.
5. Whenever you’re browsing around in the store and see an item you’d like, click the Add to Wish List button. You’ll be taken to the entry in your list.
Once you’ve added items to your list, click Wish List to see the “E-mail Wish List to Friends” link. (If you made your list private, you won’t see this link. Just uncheck the Private box to see the link.) Now you can type a message and enter up 20 e-mail addresses of people who’ll receive your list.
They’ll get an e-mail that starts with “[Your name] has opened a wish list at Family Tree Shop and wanted to let you know. You can view the list by clicking on the link below.”
Then they’ll see your message and a link to your list on Family Tree Shop.