- Member Profiles, where you can manage your account, view search history, save records and more
- Ancestor Alerts, which you set up via your profileenter basic information on a person youre searching for, and get an e-mail alert when the site finds potential matches in its databases
- a Search Guide to help members search the site and learn about its records
- new collections including 200,000 US census records and 100,000 census record images (note that except for the 1860 and 1930 census indexes, which come from Footnote, this isnt a complete collectionfor example, the 1900 census record count is 6,519)
More than 200,000 Canadian immigration, passenger and vital records are coming soon
- an FAQ for membership questions and to contact site support
- made the records search in the members-only area more sophisticated, with more fields and the option to choose date ranges
The Genealogy Archives blog will help you keep up on changes to the site.
Genealogy Archives doesnt have a free basic membership, which can make it a little hard for you to test the waters. Nonmembers can use the links to genealogy resources at the bottom of the home page, read the Expert Series of how-to articles and view information about the sites collections. Note that most are indexes, rather than document images, and many databases are available free on other sites.
You can sign up for a free seven-day trial to access the members-only area, search the records and use the community forums (youll need to enter your credit card number). If you decide not to join, remember to cancel before the trial period is up to avoid being charged.