In our Oct. 24 webinar Virginia Genealogy: Beyond the Basics, you’ll become well-acquainted with these repositories and other resources for Virginia-specific genealogy records, both online and offline offline records at repositories.
Virginia genealogy expert Shannon Combs Bennett will let you in on her favorite tricks and strategies for tracing hard-to-find Virginia ancestors (including dealing with the state’s burned counties).
Here’s a sampling of the Virginia genealogy records covered in this webinar:
- county records including wills, deeds, court orders, vital records and naturalization oaths
- chancery records and other court records
- official vital records, including those before statewide recording began
- church records
- tax records, including those of poll taxes, personal property and land
- military records
- record sets focusing on non-English groups
And you don’t even have to worry about scribbling notes, because all webinar registrants receive a handout of the presentation slides and access to view the recorded webinar again as often as they like.
The Virginia Genealogy: Beyond the Basics webinar takes place Thursday, Oct. 24 at 7 p.m. Eastern (6 p.m. Central, 5 p.m. Mountain, 4 p.m. Pacific). Time’s running out to register! Learn more about the webinar and sign up today in Family Tree Shop.