Not sure how to approach a stranger you think may be related to you? Been trying to get copies of family photos from a relative who’s hogging them all? Got a distant cousin who won’t correct wrong ancestral information in his online family tree?
We’ll help you handle these and other potentially frustrating genealogy etiquette issues in our upcoming webinar Solutions To Sticky Situations: A Guide To Genealogy Etiquette, Thursday, Sept. 6 at 7 p.m. ET.
Presenter Thomas MacEntee, who works with hundreds of genealogists as the founder of GeneaBloggers, will talk about:
- Tips for getting reluctant family members to cooperate
- Best practices for working with librarians, court clerks and others important to your research
- What to do when other researchers won’t correct wrong ancestral information
- Resolving genealogy conflicts
- The dos and don’ts of sharing and collaboration (including respecting copyright and the right way to get and give credit)
- How to handle common pet peeves courteously but effectively
And you’ll get the opportunity to submit your own genealogy etiquette dilemmas when you register and during the live webinar.
Aebinar registrants also receive access to view the recording again as often as they want, the 25-plus-page PDF of the presentation slides for future reference, and 10 pages of additional downloadable handouts.
The hour-long webinar takes place Sept. 6 at 7 p.m. ET (that’s 6 p.m. CT, 5 p.m. Mountain and 4 p.m. Pacific).