Library of Congress
Farewell 2016, hello 2017! It’s been a busy year for my family, but I still can pat myself on the back for accomplishing few things, genealogy-wise:
- positively identified the sister of my great-great-grandfather
- met a few new-to-me cousins online and/or in person
- started cloud-based albums for old photos from each family branch
- created a photo book summarizing my research about my grandfather
- finally got my dad a DNA test
- joined Facebook genealogy groups for several places my family lived (I give myself credit even for the small things)
- ordered prints of my favorite digital photos from this year (to increase the chances my kids will always have pictures from their childhoods)
What about you? Make a list of your genealogy accomplishments, however small.
Then, let’s raise a toast to our genealogy feats in 2016, and look forward to even more fabulous ancestor finds in 2017.
Happy New Year from Family Tree Magazine!