MyHeritage, headquartered in Israel, introduced two premium plans to let users access the new features in its just-released Family Builder 3 Web-based genealogy software. Those features include SmartMatching, which compares new family trees to the MyHeritage database of more than 300 million profiles, to find matches so members can merge the information in overlapping trees. (You may remember SmartMatching from the GenCircles pedigree database sitewhose creator, Pearl Street Software, MyHeritage purchased.)
Also new in Family Tree Builder 3 is automatic Smart Search searching of more than 100 online databases for names in your tree, easy family tree chart printing, and online publishing with videos and documents to your MyHeritage family Web site.
- The Premium plan, at $3.95 per month (a holiday offer available through Jan. 15 costs $1.95 per month), ?nets you the above new features with an online tree of up to 2,500 people? and 500 MB? of online storage, along with priority support.
- The PremiumPlus plan, which costs $9.95 per month, offers unlimited online trees and unlimited storage, plus the priority support.
- With a free Basic plan, you can still use the gratis version of Family Tree Builder, with up to 500 people in your online tree and 100 MB? of storage.
Los Angeles-based Geni introduced a new $5-per-month Pro plan with benefits including Enhanced Relationship Paths, which lets you discover your exact relationship to any blood relative on Geni. (The free Basic membership shows you relationship pathways to ancestors and close relativesEnhanced Relationship Paths will be most interesting to those with large trees or whove whove merged their trees with others.)
Additional Pro benefits include:
- The ability to export your family tree and all connected trees as a single GEDCOM file (up to 100,000 total individual and family records).
- A priority support team especially for Pro members.
- A Geni Pro badge to sport on your profile and in your family tree.