I’m a little biased this week in choosing the book that was my baby for most of the spring and early summer.
The Family Tree Sourcebook, now available for pre-order (and on sale at 34 percent off), is a reference book with all the information you need to trace your roots across the United States:
- A summary of genealogy research in every state, with a historical overview, vital records information, tips on other major records to look for and places to begin, and maps showing county boundaries.
- Detailed county-level data telling you which county office to contact for court, probate, vital, and other types of records. Here’s an example:
- Names, addresses, phone numbers and websites for helpful libraries, archives, and genealogical and historical societies in each state.
- Bibliographies listing genealogical and historical books that will help you further your research in each state.
- Special sections on the best websites for state-based research, as well as broader-scope, national resources.
The book comes with a free 30-day trial of Family Tree Magazine Plus, our members-only, online archive of expert genealogy articles from past issues of Family Tree Magazine. (The book’s content also is searchable online as part of a Plus membership.)