A For this answer, we’ll turn to Family Tree Magazine contributing editor Rick Crume, who reviewed Family Tree Maker 2008 in our March 2008 issue. Crume says “you need to tinker a lot with the settings” to get a decent family group sheetbut you can do it following these steps:
- Click on the link to the Publish workspace at the top of the screen.
- Use the mini-family tree at the top of the screen to select a parent in the family or click the file folder icon to search the Index of Individuals.
- Under Publication Types, select Relationship Reports and click on the Family Group Sheet.
- Click on the Detail tab.
- Click on the Items to Include button (with the green arrow).
- Hit the + button to add facts, click Select All and hit OK.
- Uncheck Include only preferred facts and Include blank facts and check OK. (Whew!)
Heres a hint about pedigree charts: The default font size in four-generation charts is too large (10-point), so many place names get omitted. Reducing the font size for facts to 8 may help. (You could also remove in from the facts, but that process is even more convoluted.)