In our little house, we have a few objects—nothing super-valuable—that I consider heirlooms: A dress my grandma sewed using the same pattern as her wedding dress; my husband’s grandfather’s harmonica; a playing card box from the time my dad’s family lived in Pickstown, SD, while his dad was working on the Fort Randall dam.
It’s not so much the thing, it’s what the thing represents to you. So heirlooms can take all kinds of shapes and sizes, and present an array of storage challenges—which makes me glad our next Webinar is about Heirloom Preservation Made Easy.
It’s scheduled for Wednesday, June 24 at 7 p.m. My colleague Grace Dobush will present expert, sensible, easy-to-follow techniques on caring for and displaying everything from photos to old dolls and toys. Your registration for this Webinar includes
- Participation in the live presentation and Q&A session
- Online access to the workshop recording after the session concludes
- PDF of the presentation slides for future reference
- Quick-reference heirloom care chart
- PDF of See and Save, a guide to protecting and storing paper, photos and textiles
- PDF of Keep It Reel, a guide to preserving audio and video memories
Go here to learn more and register—and get an early bird coupon code good for $10 off your registration fee through June 8.