If you’ve missed having access to Family Group Sheets on Ancestry.com, rejoice! This beloved view of parents and children in a family tree has returned. We’ve got the details.
What are Family Group Sheets?
A Family Group Sheet is a view of parents and children in a family. The easy-to-read format shows names, dates, and places of birth, marriages, and deaths. It has been a staple of genealogical research for decades and is a powerful tool when it comes to looking for gaps in research, viewing a nuclear family, and sharing information with others.
Has the tool changed?
If you previously used Family Group Sheet on Ancestry.com, the core functionality is still the same. However, there have been some styling updates to make it easier to read and easier to use. It also now contains a convenient print option.
How to access the tool
You can access the Family Group Sheet by following these steps:
- Select the drop-down menu for the tree you’re viewing in the upper left-hand corner
- Choose“Family Group Sheet” at the bottom of the list
- Selecting the Profile button for the focus person or their spouse will take you to that person’s profile page
- Selecting Search will initiate a search for that person
- Clicking on the name of any children or parents will refocus the family group sheet on that family member
From this view, you can also add children and spouses, and you can toggle between spouses if there are multiple marriages. Ancestry.com is also working to add the ability to navigate to the Family Group Sheet from the person profile page.
Want to learn even more about Ancestry.com? We recently released our Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition!
You’ll love the Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, second edition if…
- You’re an Ancestry.com subscriber who wants to get the most bang for your buck
- You want to know how Ancestry.com can help you before buying a subscription
- You need help improving your Ancestry.com search results
- You’ve just received your AncestryDNA results and want to know what’s next
If you’re ready to become a Power User, order yours today!