If Family History Month has you thinking about expanding your own genealogy knowledge, it’s a great time to sign up for a Family Tree University course. The spooky October session begins Monday the 11th, and we’ve got three new courses for you—one of them is free! Read on for the whole course catalog.
NEW THIS MONTH:
- Death Records 101: Find What Your Ancestors Left Behind: Learn what your ancestors’ deaths can tell you about their lives. This course teaches you how to use death certificates, wills, obituaries funeral home records and other related sources to further your research.
- Cemetery Research 101: Dig Up Your Family History:We’ll get you excited about exploring your ancestors’ final resting places and give you tips on how to read tombstones, decipher plot maps and keep your research organized.
- Discover Your Family Tree: Genealogy for the Absolute Beginner: This FREE two-week sampler course will start you on the fun and rewarding journey of discovering your roots.
MORE CLASSES AVAILABLE IN OCTOBER:
- Find Your German Roots
- Finding African-American Ancestors in Newspapers
- Trace Your Polish Roots
- Tracing Immigrants
- Finding Your Ancestral Village
Records and sources:
- Newspaper Research 101: Find Your Ancestors in American News Sources
- US Military Records
- Exploring City Directories
- Land Records 101