With the onset of holiday shopping season, may we suggest these gifts for the family historian in your life:
- Annual or monthly membership to Ancestry.com, Footnote, World Vital Records, Genealogy Bank or another subscription site
- Family Tree Magazine tote bag (to take to the library), t-shirt or mug.
- Membership in a local genealogical society (do a Google search or see Society Hill for contact information)
- Registration for a genealogy workshop or conference (use Family Tree Magazine‘s online events calendar or contact a local genealogical society to find one)
- Family Tree Magazine CDs: State Research Guides; 2005, 2006 or 2007 annual compilation; or International Genealogy Passport
- Gift certificate to a Web site such as Snapfish or Shutterfly, where your favorite genealogist can turn old photos into photo books, collages, picture mugs, notecards and more
- a chauffered trip to a research repository or genealogy workshop, maybe with lunch (your treat)
- a day at a history museum
What’s on your genealogy wish list this year? Click Comments (below) to tell us (then slip your significant other the link to this post!).
For readers in Family Tree Magazine’s hometown of Cincinnati, our company is holding a warehouse sale that includes how-to books on sewing, writing, woodworking, painting and tons of other hobbies—including, yes, genealogy. Click here for the location and directions.
No matter where you live, you can check out this bargain book selection online at ClearanceBooks.com.