TLC has announced the celebrity lineup for the spring 2016 season of “Who Do You Think You Are?“, which premieres Sunday, April 3 at 9/8 central. Here’s a video sneak peek at the season:
Celebrity guests you’ll see include:
- Scott Foley, an actor who’s appeared on “Scandal,” “Felicity” and other shows. According to TLC’s announcement, he “finds a relative who risked his life for one of America’s founding fathers, and an ancestor who suffered unspeakably during one of this nation’s darkest times.”
- Lea Michele, the actress and singer who portrayed Rachel on “Glee.” Looks like she has interesting ancestry, with Italian roots on her mother’s side and Turkish and Sephardic Jewish roots on her father’s side.
- Chris Noth, the actor from Sex and the City and Law & Order. He “learns his ancestors suffered during one of the greatest catastrophes in American history, and [has] a relative who fought in one of the bloodiest battles of all time.”
- Molly Ringwald, a member of the 1980s “Brat Pack” and star of several of the movies of my youth. The show explores her family lore of roots in Swedish royalty.
- Katey Sagal, who was Peg Bundy on “Married With Children” and more recently, Gemma on “Sons of Anarchy.” She’ll explore her family’s Amish roots.
- Aisha Tyler, from “The Talk” and “Criminal Minds,” rediscovers the story of her second-great-grandfather and learns she has a prominent ancestor who tried to hide a son born out of wedlock.
Firsts for the upcoming season include travel to Portugal, Sweden and Ellis Island (it’s hard to believe the show hasn’t taken us there yet), as well as a witch hunt involving a male ancestor. Ancestry.com is once again sponsoring “Who Do You think You Are?” and providing research for each celebrity.