Browsing through the list, I’m learning about things I never even knew I was interested in. Among the gems:
• The Penny Postcard Archive has hundreds of scans of pre-1940 postcards, organized by state and county.
• The Lost Formats Preservation Society documents data storage methods gone by the wayside. (You surely know the eight-track, but do you know the four-track?)
• In the Pre-and-Post War American Advertising Galleries you can view more than 7,000 ads from 1911-1955 divided into the categories of beauty and hygiene, radio, television, transportation, and World War II.
• The WPA Calendar Project shows off the gorgeous 1939 calendar created by the Federal Art Project.
• And just for fun, the Condiment Packet Gallery.
Click here to visit the Museum of Online Museums.