Laid out on a simple black background in a store-bought frame, the collection gives a unique insight into my great-grandfather’s life. There are patriotic and political buttons, jewelry, a Boy Scout pin, even a pair of nail clippers.
1. Stack the blocks four-on-four to make a cube.
2. Cut a photo into 2-inch squares.
3. Apply Mod Podge with a foam brush to all four sections of one side of the cube.
4. Adhere the photo squares, one to each cube section. Seal with a thin layer of Mod Podge brushed over the top of each photo.
5. Wait until the surface dries, then repeat steps 2 through 4 on all exterior sides of the cube with remaining photos.
6. Wait for the surfaces to dry, then turn the blocks and repeat the process for the interior faces of the cube.
From the December 2009 Family Tree Magazine