Not sure if a DNA test can help you with your genealogy research? Need help interpreting your Y-DNA or mtDNA test results? Turn to these resources for the answers you need.
- Cyndi’s List: Genetics, DNA and Family Health
- Cyndi’s List: Surname DNA Studies and Projects
- DNA Ancestor Communities
dnacommunities.com: A message board for cutomers of DNA Consulting and others.
- DNA-NEWBIE Mailing List
- FamilyTreeMagazine.com Genealogy Insider: Genetic Genealogy News
blog.familytreemagazine.com/insider/CategoryView,category,GeneticGenealogy.aspx: Get news on the genetic genealogy industry, new technology and the latest Web sites.
- FamilyTreeMagazine.com Now What? blog: Learning Your Ethnic Heritage Through DNA
- GENEALOGY-DNA Mailing List
- The Genetic Genealogist
www.thegeneticgenealogist.com: A blog about using DNA testing in genealogy research and the latest developments in the field.
www.genetree.com: A social networking-meets-DNA site where you can order tests; post a family tree, photos and DNA test results; and search the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation results database.
- International Society of Genetic Genealogy
- Journal of Genetic Genealogy
- MSNBC: Genetic Genealogy
This portal site links to articles, Web sites, surname projects and organizations that can help you use genetic genealogy in your research.
- RootsTelevision: DNA Channel
- Deep Ancestry: Inside The Genographic Project by Spencer Wells (National Geographic)
- DNA & Genealogy by Colleen Fitzpatrick (Rice Book Press)
- DNA and Tradition: The Genetic Link to the Ancient Hebrews by Yaakov Kleiman (Devora Publishing)
- How to Interpret Your DNA Test Results for Family History & Ancestry: Scientists Speak Out on Genealogy Joining Genetics by Anne Hart (Writer’s Club Press)
- The Seven Daughters of Eve by Bryan Sykes (W.W. Norton & Co.)
- Saxons, Vikings, and Celts: The Genetic Roots of Britain and Ireland by Bryan Sykes (W.W. Norton & Co.)
- Trace Your Roots With DNA by Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak and Ann Turner (Rodale)
- Tracing Your Jewish DNA for Family History & Ancestry: Merging a Mosaic of Communities by Anne Hart (iUniverse)