Featured How-To Videos
Welcome to Family Tree Magazine‘s online video page—the place to see demonstrations of genealogy techniques and tools, get virtual tours of research repositories and resources, and watch the Family Tree Magazine team in action.
Below we’ll post our favorite clips, available exclusively to Family Tree Magazine VIPs. They cover topics from how to complete tasks on Ancestry.com, FamilySearch.org and more. To view a video, simply click the play button in the center of the screen. You can pause and, using the slider bar at the bottom of the screen, rewind and fast-forward.
Description: Perplexed by pedigree charts? Unfamiliar with family group sheets? We’ll help you master these tools for recording your family tree in this step-by-step video.
What You’ll Learn:
- how to fill out an ancestor chart
- how to fill out a family group sheet
- rules for writing genealogy dates
- rules for recording ancestor names
- what to do if you’re missing information
- why errors occur on Ancestry.com
- how to correct them to prevent future
- how to plot your ancestor’s property on a map
- how to use the website from the Bureau of Land Management General Land Office
- how to map information included on land records of your ancestor’s holdings
- what type of records are available on the FamilySearch Catalog
- how to search for useful resources on your ancestors by Place name, Surname and Subject