Ordering T-shirts for your family reunion? Use these tips to avoid disappointment on reunion day:
If you’re including the cost of T-shirts in registration, you’ll need to know everyone’s sizes. Send your family members order forms at least six months before your reunion. Ask for payment in advance, and order a few extra shirts for people who didn’t order early.
Allow plenty of time for delivery of imprinted items. Some companies demand payment up front; others accept orders payable by invoice. Save money by omitting the year or other nonessential information on personalized items: You may have shirts left for future get-togethers.
- Are there charges to screen artwork?
- Are there extra charges for more than one color?
- Will the manufacturer guarantee colors? Does it cost extra?
- Who pays shipping charges? How much are they?
- Who pays UPS repacking charges, if incurred?
- Will the manufacturer share a proof before production to verify that it’s the product you want?
- Will you be obligated to pay for an overrun of more than the exact number you order?