Preserve the data
Transcribe the information. Type up the information from the Bible’s pages as accurately as you can. Preserve misspellings and foreign words—you can add explanatory notes to your transcription. Creating a word processor file of the info makes it easy to share with fellow researchers and family members.
Clean it up. Remove dust and dirt with a soft brush, and take out paper clips, which will rust and damage pages. If any acidic ephemera is hiding between the pages, remove it and store it in an archival
- Archival Methods, (866) 877-7050
- Gaylord Brothers, (800) 962-9580
- Hollinger Metal Edge, (800) 634-0491
- Light Impressions, (800) 828-6216
- University Products, (800) 628-1912